The Indian Society for Technical Education is a national, professional, non-profit making Society registered under the Societies Registration Act 1860.It was first started in 1941 as the Association of Principals of Technical Institutions (APTI) and converted into “Indian Society for Technical Education” in 1968 with a view to enlarge its activities to advance the cause of technological education. The major objective of the ISTE is to assist and contribute in the production and development of top quality professional engineers and technicians needed by the industries and other organisations.
Being the only national organisation of educators in the field of Engineering and Technology, ISTE effectively contributes in various missions of the Union Government. The Ministry of Human Resource Development, AICTE/DST/MIT/State Govts. are well associated with the ISTE for programmes related to technical education.
Faculty and student Chapters of ISTE (Indian Society of Technical Education) has been functional in the college for the last two years. ISTE is a professional organization basically comprising of academicians,faculty & students of countrywide engineering colleges. ISTE is primarily setup for promotion of higher studies & technical education and carries out (directly or through its various chapters) the following activities:
- Publication of bi – monthly magazine/ newsletter.
- ISTE / AICTE sponsored courses / seminar on relevant and state – of –the art subjects/ topics through summer/ winter schools / workshops.
- Holding of annual National Convention of faculty/students.
- Conduct of national Seminar regarding awards of faculty / students for technical competence /innovation / research work done etc.
- Best students of each chapter awards, annually.